Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs)
Elkhart Plastics’ Tuff Series IBCs are uniquely designed and manufactured in America to improve the safety and performance of transporting, storing, and dispensing materials for your company and on-site at your customers’ plants. We offer a range of sizes, colors, and resins to meet your specific needs.
The Intermediate Bulk Containers are manufactured in our facilities in Middlebury, Indiana; Atlantic, Iowa; and Ridgefield, Washington. Our large footprint can often provide a shipping advantage, and it allows us to effectively serve customers across the country.
Three Styles to Fit Your Needs
Our IBC line includes three leading designs and seven different sizes to fit your specific needs. Click on the styles below to learn more about the Tuff Stack PRO, Tuff Stack Pro Heavyweight, Tuff Stack, and Tuff Cube IBCs.
Tuff Stack Pro™
The newest IBC design from Elkhart Plastics, the Tuff Stack Pro offers an inner cylindrical tank positioned within a heavy-duty all-poly structural frame.
Tuff Stack Pro™ Heavyweight
The Tuff Stack Pro Heavyweight Design - 428 KPA with sloped bottom drain for complete product drainage. Three 2" NPS replaceable accessory fittings on top.
Designed for the chemical and food markets, the Tuff Stack is available in four sizes and several base colors to coordinate your product to location or close-loop shipping.
The Tuff Cube is the only Elkhart Plastics IBC sized by the liter. Like our other IBC products, the Tuff Cube offers several accessories and replacement parts.
Elkhart Plastics’ New Outlet Valve
- Cleanable and supreme sealing design
- The improved sanitary connection between the tank and the valve
- Large external threading design eliminates internal threads within the product zone
- U.S. Patent 11,713,238
Tuff Series Intermediate Bulk Containers Advantages
- Square tank with stackable pallet base
- Four-way forklift and two-way pallet jack entry
- Stackable two to three high
- Manufactured in the U.S. in ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 certified facilities
- Fittings and components manufactured in America
- Made of FDA-approved high density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Exceptional chemical resistance range and superior impact strength
- Competitive freight cost
- All units UN/DOT Certified
- One or two 2″ bung locations on top
- Standard 6″ fill cap with 9″ option
- Mold-in volume markers
- Mold-in graphics available
- 6+ base colors available
IBC Closure Notification
- ISO Certification Details
- Leakproofness Test for IBC Tanks
- Requirements for the Retest and Inspection of Poly IBC Tanks
- Terms & Conditions
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- PHSMA Electronic Code of Federal Regulations eCFR 49
- Department of Transportation
- Chemical Compatibility Chart