Plastics are an integral part of life in today’s world. The plastics industry has evolved in a relatively short time frame and today’s plastic parts are built for durability, safety, and more. Elkhart Plastics, Inc. typically finds that clients often convert to plastic for their needs once we explore the benefits with them.
Parts made from rotomolded plastic offer advantages over other materials such as fiberglass, steel, or wood.
Rotomolded plastic parts:
- Can have varying wall thicknesses, depending on part specifications
- Plastic parts can stand up to environmental conditions such as wind and water
- Rotomolding molds are made quickly and cost-effectively, enabling the customer to do prototypes or short production runs
- Can offer you cost benefits over producing the part from fiberglass, steel, or wood
- Can include molded-in features such as handles, recesses, inserts, and more
Whether your part is large or small, you might want to consider converting it to plastic. Contact us today for a consultation. We’ll talk about what we can do for you.
A Conversion Story
All Weather Refrigerated Sampler
Elkhart Plastics, Inc. developed a custom rotational molded product for a Loveland, Colorado-based manufacturer of analytical instruments, test kits, and reagents for testing the quality of water and aqueous solutions, with products for lab, process, and field. The company’s All Weather Refrigerated Sampler (AWRS) Cabinet is ideal for stormwater compliance, pretreatment compliance, studies and monitoring, industrial wastewater discharge, and wastewater treatment plant process control.
The company worked with Elkhart Plastics, Inc.’s Littleton Plastics to develop the custom molded plastic body for the AWRS. The product was driven by the company’s needs for:
- Reduced maintenance
The new stationary sampler cabinet is made of linear low density polyethylene that is rotomolded by Elkhart Plastics, Inc. Previously, the cabinet was made from fiberglass that was prone to chipping and cracking. In addition, the new plastic material provides UV stability and weather resistance.