Elkhart Plastics, Inc. is looking for an experienced and motivated sales person to join our team. In addition to location-specific openings, we are hiring a Corporate Sales Representative.
This individual will work to develop new accounts for the company, as well as maintain and build upon the existing relationships already in the market. As a manufacturer with five locations, this individual will concentrate on a custom IBC (intermediate bulk container) product line selling directly to business customers. An understanding of the IBC, Packaging, and Material Handling marketplace is essential to the individual’s success.
The Sales Representative position is based out of our South Bend location with approximately 25 percent travel time. This regular, full-time opening requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and a 4-year degree. The selected individual will not be responsible for managing others.
The Sales Representative will be required to:
- Prepare and maintain records for sales leads and progress status of accounts.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Attend sales and/or trade meetings.
- Build relationships and identify the prospect’s need for the products or services.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how specific products and services can meet these needs.
- Answer customers’ questions about prices, availability, and product uses.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sale and service agreements.
- Prepare sales contracts and submit orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets.
Applicants must have:
- Prior experience with manufacturing sales.
- Prior experience selling custom products.
- Five years’ experience developing business relationships.
- An understanding of manufacturing technology.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- The ability to change direction as the market changes and be a self-starter.
Specific skills and education requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, sales, engineering, or related field.
- Excellent math and computer skills.
Compensation for this position is Pay Base + Commission.
For more information or to apply for the Sales Representative opening, please contact Bonnie Turner, Elkhart Plastics’ Director of Human Resources, by email.
Join Our Team
Do you think you have what it takes to be a successful member of the Elkhart Plastics’ team? Apply online today!